Thursday, March 02, 2006

Snooze Deterrent

I often try to squeeze in reading a few pages ( I promise myself it will be no more than twenty pages or minutes which ever happens sooner) of a book before going to bed. On many days this is a very poor choice because I really need to sleep instead of read - every pore of my body is begging me to shutdown.

To compensate I'll hit the snooze button in the morning to get another fifteen minutes of shut-eye. Another bad choice right there. Then once I get to work, it will take five cups or more of green tea to keep me functional through the day.

So a "
A Series of Unfortunate Events" is set in motion the moment I break my twenty page or twenty minutes rules ( as I inevitably do). As nifty as it is, the snooze deterrent alarm clock is not for me.

No comments: