Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Disgruntled Patients

When it comes to selecting a pediatrician for J, I ask around for a while and go with whoever gets the maximum votes. When I relocated the last time around, the daycare needed a physical on file immediately and I had to cut corners on my "reputation research".

Anyone who knows me knows how her doctor's negligence resulted in J getting delirious with a 105 degree fever that refused to come down with medication. To say I was panic-stricken would be an understatement. Needless to say I am in the market for a new pediatrician.

I could have easily vented my anger on-line like many others and think it's unfair that those voices should be silenced by law. Bad news can find a lot of other ways to travel, people will just get more creative about getting the word out. Reputation is the stock in trade of any self-employed professional. There is no reason why doctors should be shielded by law to preserve theirs.

No comments: